PASTORAL CANDIDATE INTRODUCTION WEEK SCHEDULE
A full biographical booklet will be available at all venues on Sunday, April 21st and posted online on Monday, April 29th.
MONDAY APRIL 22
Candidate’s wife meets with Deacon wives
Candidate meets with Deacons
TUESDAY APRIL 23
Candidate meets with Pastors
Candidate meets with Staff & CBDS Leadership
WEDNESDAY APRIL 24
Candidate meets with various Committees
Candidate meets with Students
Candidate meets with Choir, Orchestra & Worship Teams
THURSDAY APRIL 25
Candidate meets with Bible Fellowship Teachers & their families
7:00pm / Worship Center
FRIDAY APRIL 26
Candidate’s wife meets with Pastors wives
SATURDAY APRIL 27
Congregational Candidate “Get Acquainted” Fellowship
2:00pm–5:00pm / Dining Room
SUNDAY APRIL 28
Candidate Preaches – Congregation Votes
Central Campus 8:15am, 9:30am (with Elevate) & 11:00am
West Campus 12:00pm Followed by Fellowship Lunch
Pastor Search ANNOUNCEMENT : : MARCH 31, 2013
Over a period of 17 months the Pastoral Search Committee has studied, communicated with, discussed and prayed over by name, 146 candidates. We have prayed for…
- unity of thought, word and action according to 1CO 1:10 …so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.
- the working out of God’s will and plan according to PHP 2:13 …for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
- protection from intrusion of any enemy forces according to PSA 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
God has answered our prayers and yours. As you know we developed a short list of candidates last fall and have concentrated on one candidate since November. We have had countless communications with him including five face-to-face visits with him; three here in Winston-Salem, and two in his home and church. We have examined this man from top to bottom and reviewed every element of a Senior Pastor position that you would expect this committee to review. In addition we have reached out to Southern Baptist leaders all across this great convention of churches and heard their own experiences regarding his qualifications and character and found him to be of great reputation and above reproach according to 1 Timothy 3.
After much prayer on our part and on your part, the Pastoral Search Committee is firmly and fully convinced that God has led us to recommend this candidate to the congregation as the next Senior Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church according to Article VI of our By-laws. This was confirmed at our 60th meeting last Tuesday when we voted unanimously in support of this candidate.
Although we would love to announce his name to you, we must respectfully and confidentially wait until the best time for the candidate with respect to his own church and congregation.
Steps to take place prior to that formal recommendation are now in process. A projected plan has been worked out by Dr. Gary Chapman, the candidate, and Dr. Fred Kremkau, the PSC Chairman.
- On April 21 we will give you complete biographical information both verbally and in print.
- Then that week, the candidate will have meetings with: Deacons, Staff, Bible Fellowship teachers, finance committee and the personnel committee.
- We will arrange for a time for the congregation to ‘meet and greet’ the candidate, probably on Sat. night.
- Then, the candidate will preach to the entire congregation, on April 28th and the congregation will vote. Elevate will meet in the auditorium that Sunday
- At Calvary West we will re-arrange a time schedule so he can preach at West and perhaps participate in a covered- dish lunch following.
- If the church vote is affirmative, it will still be approximately six weeks or so before he actually assumes responsibilities as our Senior Pastor.
Our deep appreciation is expressed to those of you who over these 17 months have faithfully prayed for us, for the search process, for the 146 candidates and for our congregation. Please continue to pray for…
- our congregation as God prepares us for our next under-shepherd and the future that God has planned for Calvary Baptist Church under his leadership,
- for the candidate and his family as they prepare for major change in their life and ministry
- and for the candidate’s church as that congregation begins the process we are now concluding.
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5:16
Romans 15:5 reads “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus.”
That He has done. To God be the glory!
Click here to read previous updates.
Where are we in the process?
The Pastoral Search Committee appreciates all of the email input that we are receiving. Your input is greatly appreciated and the notes of prayer support are of great encouragement to us.
Unfortunately we will not be able to respond to each email. Our goal is to use the information provided as part of the search process.
To contact our committee, please email email@example.com
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR THE PASTOR SEARCH COMMITTEE
• Discern God's plan and choice
• Driven by and guided by the prayers of His people
• Consistent with the Church By-Laws
• Consistent with confidentiality, the process will be open and transparent
• Seek the input from the entire Church
• Provide regular reports regarding the process
Pastor Search Prayer
FIRST PRIORITY IS PRAYER...
For the Search Committee
• Patience – wait on God's timing
• Have the mind of Christ
• Be Disciplined
For the next Senior Pastor
• Prepare his passion for preaching the Word of God
• Prepare him to shepherd God's people of Calvary
• Prepare his family
For the People of Calvary
• Seek the will of God