I grew up in a Methodist church.
I never heard a gospel presentation before I attended Calvary Baptist Church.
A supervisor was sharing his testimony at work with an employee and I overheard his presentation. After he finished sharing, I asked him how I could know that I was saved.
He told me if I confessed my sins and received Christ by faith, I would be saved. He shared the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus with me. By faith, I received Christ.
Janice and I visited Calvary church, then joined the church. We went through the new members class.
Dr. Corts took me into his office and asked me when was I saved? He told me I would learn how to share my faith and testimony through his evangelism share life program.
Janice and I went through his evangelism class as a trainee. After being trained, we trained others.
Below are Dr. Corts’ steps for sharing the gospel:
- Look for common interest so you can build a repore with them
- Bridge over to their religious background to see where they are spiritually.
- Ask qualifying questions to determine if they are a Christian. If they do not qualify as a Christian, ask them if you can share what the Bible teaches about God’s love, man’s sin and sin’s penality.
- If yes, we would use scripture from the Bible or a Four Spiritual Laws
Book from Campus Crusade for Christ.
- God’s Love
- Man’s Sin
- Jesus – God’s only provision
- Receiving Christ
- Ask if they would like to pray and receive Christ into their heart.
- If they did pray, share scripture for assurance.
Examples of sharing the gospel:
Through friendship evangelism –
- At work God gave me an opportunity to share with three different people from work to train through the share life program and many more members at Calvary.
- Just a few of many examples:
- lead a person to the Lord on the football field at West.
- lead a person to the Lord from the Children’s Home and he ended up at Calvary and I trained him in evangelism.
- A friend and I, in Charlotte, gave our testimony to a person and he received Christ.