“So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock—his church, purchased with his own blood—over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as leaders.” Acts 20:28
As we enter this season of prayer for our next pastor, the desire is to share information that is relevant to this search so that, as a church body, we can together, seek God’s wisdom in this process.
Below is the latest update from leadership. (April 15, 2019)
- Reestablish new leadership with Dr. David Horner as interim Sr. Pastor
- Requirements for candidates to serve on search committee have been defined
- Work underway to develop profile of senior pastor to guide search committee
- Seek recommendations from all ordained deacons (active and non-active), BF teachers and other leaders for names of potential candidates for search committee
- Create final list of possible candidates for search committee
- Confirm candidates fit established criteria for serving as committee member
- Contact candidates to confirm willingness to serve on search committee
Who has the responsibility for naming the members of the Sr. Pastor Search committee?
The current active deacon body using the candidate requirements mentioned above will name that committee.
Will all Calvary locations and ministries be included on the search committee?
The goal is to include a cross section of people from various locations, ministries, and demographics to be part of the search committee. The size of the committee must be kept to a workable size so representing all is very difficult
How long will it be before the committee identifies the best candidate and makes a recommendation to the church
That is a difficult question to answer because the primary goal of this committee is to determine God’s will for the next pastor of Calvary. There is a great deal of work required to prepare for the actual search and we are still in the early stages of that work.
Will our interim Sr. Pastor, David Horner, be considered to fill the position?
The decision was made early in this search process to not consider the individual filling the interim role as a candidate for the full-time position.
To aid in addressing the questions that may arise during this time, we have created a simple form that can be used to send questions to leadership. Please click on the button below to be taken to the MyCalvary area of our website. There you will need to login or create an account. This will give you access to the form.
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION FORM