Are you in need of a caring Christian who will listen, empathize, encourage, pray, provide confidential care, and patiently support you as you work through a crisis or difficult time? Do you know someone, perhaps a friend, neighbor, coworker, colleague, or relative, who could benefit from this type of care? Everyone goes through difficult times. Having someone to care, to listen, to share God’s love with you can help you get through the confusion, stress, or loneliness you may be experiencing. God does not intend for you to struggle alone.
Our Stephen Ministry Volunteers are ready to provide you with the confidential, one-to-one Christian care you need to make it through a crisis or help you through a difficult time. You can email the Stephen Ministry.
Stephen Ministry Volunteer Care
Our Stephen Volunteers provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to people who are:
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- Lonely or discouraged
- Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- Unemployed or in a job crisis
- Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- Moving or relocating
- New to the congregation or the community
- Anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
- Homebound or institutionalized
- Transitioning into retirement
- Dealing with a crisis of aging
- Facing a life transition
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis
- Victims of a disaster or accident
- And for people facing countless other crises or life challenges or who are going through a difficult time and could benefit from the care of a supportive Christian friend.
A Stephen Ministry Volunteer is…
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person.
- A caring Christian who really listens;
- A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care;
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs;
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say – and even your identity – confidential; and
- Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis